NEWS BAND GIGS MUSIC PRESS PHOTOS MAILING
LYRICS SHOP RELEASES FORUM LINKS CONTACT
Terms and Condition:
1. For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean UK Music Lesson.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works and/or supply materials.
(c) “The Operative” or “Director” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company and by the Customer. Further, these terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contract with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms and conditions.
3. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of the Company at its absolute discretion.
PRICING AND RATES
4. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company and the amount of time spent by the Operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent travelling and in obtaining un-stocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for time spent relating to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable.
5. Fixed price work shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour and Materials.
6. Where a written quote has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) If after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
(ii) If after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) If after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out, which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
(iv) If after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.
7. On receiving a written quote it is the responsibility of the Customer to check all the details of the quote before agreeing to the commencement of the work that has been quoted for. Once such work has been agreed to verbally or in writing then the Customer is entering into a contract with the Company wherein they agree to uphold the terms and conditions of payment as laid out in section 10.
8. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate except in cases where the work carried out is zero rated.
9. The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide a quote to the Customer and shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by quotes given in writing to the Customer by a duly authorized representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
10. Invoices are due for payment immediately on return of delivery to the Customer. The Company, at its discretion, reserves the right to charge interest on any part of an invoice that remains unpaid outside the time specified in this condition. The rate of interest shall be 8% per calendar month. Where the contract is to be or may be fulfilled in separate instalments, deliveries or parts, payment for each such instalment, delivery or part, shall be made as if the same constituted a separate contract.
SCHEDULING OF WORK
11. Where the date and/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the Operative shall attend on the date and at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late attendance on site of the Operative/Engineer or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
12. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, and the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
13. The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work and/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) and receiving a written quote) the name of the third party appears on the written quote.
14. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out and/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
15. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company and shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, and carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
16. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null and void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative.
17. The Company will accept no liability, or guarantee suitability, for materials supplied by the Customer and will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
18. The Company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste and drainage systems etc.
19. The Company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the Customer and against the written or verbal advice of the Operative/Engineer.
20. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the Company and payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the Company will not be guaranteed.
21. The Company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the Customer has been notified by the Operative either verbally or in writing of any other related work which requires attention.
22. The Customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
23. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works and the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
24. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company and shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested and not undertaken at that time.
25. The Company shall be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any Operative/Engineer/Contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship results in the Company being made liable for those damages or rectification of the work.
26. TITLE OF GOODS
Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company. Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all, any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
(ii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Not withstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, and until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value and the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
27. LEGAL CONSTRUCTION
These terms and conditions and all contacts awarded between the Company and Customer shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
Copyright © freewheeler.org.uk All rights Reserved 2001-2018